Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PascalM

Conditional formatting not working correctly when cross-filtering

Hi,

I've created a bar chart with conditional formatting: green for positive values, red for negative values:

PascalM_0-1602660593814.png

When I apply a cross cross-filter, the color coding seems to be based on the unfiltered value, resulting in a positive filtered value being displayed in red when the unfiltered value is negative:

PascalM_1-1602660706896.png

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Pascal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PascalM ,

For my test, conditional formatting based on Highlight could work well in Table visualization but no other visualizations...

10.20.3.2.gif

Here is the pbix file.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PascalM ,

For my test, conditional formatting based on Highlight could work well in Table visualization but no other visualizations...

10.20.3.2.gif

Here is the pbix file.

If you also want this in power bi, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PascalM ,

For my test, I prefer to filter with Slicer:

10.20.3.1.gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Hi Eyelyn,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I know that when changing interaction between my visuals from highlight to filter, I can achieve the same result as with your suggested slicer.  But my objective is to have the original bar shown together with the sliced value, i.e. to have the highlight approach but with color applied according to the actual values...

Regards

Pascal

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PascalM , I doubt that will when users fill it will change based on coditional formatting. Because the overall number has not changed.

It will only change with filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.