Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bclrk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Conditional formatting not available on column chart

I do not have the conditional formatting option available for a clustered column chart. The chart has a date on the x-axis and number on the y-axis. I have set the default summarization to "Don't summarize" but for the value, it is set to "Sum" because not summarizing is not available. All tables are in storage mode "Import".

fields_value.PNGdata_color.PNG

My final goal is for bars that satisfy a condition to be red and the rest green.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bclrk ,

Based on my research, Conditional formatting is not available in multi-legands (Y-axis) bar chart, if you have only x-axis, you will find this option in the data color label.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bclrk ,

Based on my research, Conditional formatting is not available in multi-legands (Y-axis) bar chart, if you have only x-axis, you will find this option in the data color label.

Best regards,

I am on February 2020 version and even only with X-axis the conditional formating is not accessible. And on the top of it removing the conditional formation on Bar Charts as a whole is not acceptable. This is a standard functionality of every BI product. What to replay to our customers "Sorry but Microsoft decide to remove the conditional formation without any reason". Do you understand how rediculous it sound if you are a customer and the vendor told you that such a basic feature is depricated? 

I agree. This is basic functionality that our customers expect. Its absence is not only confusing, but frustrating.

hey- i just figured it out as i was looking for the same, and on same version.  if you go to Data Colors,  you will then see Default Color, you have to hover over the area to the right to see three dots,  only then will you be able to click on it and pull up the conditional formatting section

picAnnotation 2020-02-21 094305.png

This option does not appear for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me either.  It just does not appear.

Driving me nuts !

bclrk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Version: 2.73.5586.661 64-bit (September, 2019)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.