Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting issue on percentage

Hello,

I have a problem with conditional formatting. It is set up as on the picture below, but the 0.99% value on a chart is green and it should be red. Am I doing something wrong or this is some PowerBI error?

2019-07-02 10_22_05-.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @ceebu - thanks for all your help. Due to many measures in the report, it was doubled one with the wrong name which I've just replaced and it is OK. PowerBI is working good.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Make sure Data type and Format for the value is Decimal Number.

2019-07-02 14_35_13-.png

To See Format, Select the column and go to Formatting section under Modelling tab in Power BI desktop (top banner).

@Anonymous  - your solution would need the data type to be changed - might not be always possible - 

@Anonymous :  Please try using  decimals for your rules -  For eg: 0.9 for 90% and 1 for 100% ? 

See sample below to demonstrate the effect of decimals for percentage formatted values.

powerbi example 1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Data type is decimal. The format is Percentage (as I want it to show %), but even changing it to decimal does not change the color of data to red.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Are you calculating this value column, means do you have this metric value as per any calculation?
If possible check the data labels under format section and change Display units to Auto.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ceebu it seems not to affect the value of 0,99%... Even if I set only one rule, it is untouched by it. But it is greater than 0 and less than 1...

@Anonymous yes this is the calculated measure, and the units are set to auto

2019-07-02 11_56_19-.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you Please like to check the Value decimal places for Data labels under format section.
Make the Value deimla places as 2 and give a try.

It's about precision 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @ceebu - thanks for all your help. Due to many measures in the report, it was doubled one with the wrong name which I've just replaced and it is OK. PowerBI is working good.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.