cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddd83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Conditional formatting for dashboard tile

In my report, I have conditional formatting for a card, but when you pin the card to a dashboard, you lose the conditionally formatting (aka the background stays white). 

sep 10 over in.PNG

I got around this problem by enlarging several cards to fill up the entire page and then pinning the live page to the dashboard.

sep 10 color 1.PNGsep 10 color 2.PNGHowever, on the dashboard, I want to disable the link for the live page (which is seemingly impossible), so that you can't click thru to the underlying report. I know you can disable the link with you pin a visual, but once again, the pinned visual doesn't retain the conditional format.

Thoughts on my problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eddd83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Conditional formatting for dashboard tile

I just discovered in the dashboard

right click ... for dashboard board tile --> "edit details" --> uncheck "display and subtitle"

This disables the ability to click thru for a live page. Kind of unintuitive if you ask me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi eddd83,

Yes, Based on my test, I have the same experience as you, the conditional format for Card(this is based on visual context) in dashborad seems to be default. I suggest you could post this requirement in Power BI Ideas.

By the way, I want to know the links in your report, what is that? And How to  set that in your report, I will try to test this in my environment to see whether it works or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
eddd83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

"By the way, I want to know the links in your report, what is that? And How to  set that in your report, I will try to test this in my environment to see whether it works or not."

@dax I don't quite understand your request. Which link are you specifically asking for?

eddd83 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I just discovered in the dashboard

right click ... for dashboard board tile --> "edit details" --> uncheck "display and subtitle"

This disables the ability to click thru for a live page. Kind of unintuitive if you ask me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 1,639 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: