Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Domenick
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional formatting for Multi Info Cards

Hi friends,

I'm trying to set up conditional formatting for my cards in the multi info card visual (not the multi row card visual). I see this toggle to turn on Conditional Formatting, but I can't find where to set the conditional formatting. Any help? I feel like the recent PowerBI update didn't transfer well to this visual....

Domenick_1-1647977058242.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Domenick , create multiple card visuals and then do your conditional formatting on each card visual to change the background colour dynamically.

You can't use conditional formatting on background for a "multi-card visual"

Hence create multiple "single card visuals" and on each card do you background conditional formatting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Domenick , unfortunately we can't do that.

You can have multiple card visuals and then do background formatting and place them in such a way that they look like multi Card visual.

Well that's not conditional formatting

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Domenick , create multiple card visuals and then do your conditional formatting on each card visual to change the background colour dynamically.

You can't use conditional formatting on background for a "multi-card visual"

Hence create multiple "single card visuals" and on each card do you background conditional formatting.

Hi @truptis ,

But what if there is a slicer, and the card values are dynamic ..

My Requirement would need the cards (each card containing Name,Photo,Dept, Promotion Y/N), and if the Promotion Y/N column value is Y, I would want either of the below to happen:

1. The name of the person corresponding would appear in a different color

2. A symbol is added next to the name

Curious to hear your inputs..

Thanking you ind advance..

S

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Domenick , multicards don't support conditional formatting. 

Could you tell your requirement (eg-showing icons or something using conditional formatting) so that we can come up with an alternative solution? 

I'd like to just change the background color of the card based on a value. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.