Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting doesn't seem to work no matter what I try

I'm trying to break this down to the most simplest form of conditional formatting, so I'm struggling to understand if it's intended to work the way I have in my head.  Let's say I have a table such as the following:

Price1  Price2   %Diff

100      50        -50%

When using a standard table, all I'm trying to do is have the font color of the values in the %Diff column to display in red when it's a negative value.  Seems like no matter what kind of rule or color scale option I try, I can't seem to pull it off!  I know it has to be something that's obvious to everyone else, but reading other posts and watching videos I can't seem to apply that same logic to my simple needs.  If anyone has any suggestions please help 🙂

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not running into similar issues. Are your rules set up like below?

CondFormat.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spotted in another thread that the conditional formatting won't work if your table only contains values.  Is this true and why you had to add that attribute field??  I don't want/need any text in my table.

@Anonymous,

If you have no attributes, your measures will be a table with only a single row. If the %Diff only needs to be seen as an aggregate value, I would recommend showing the values in cards as a high-level KPI.

Could you expand on what you're trying to display, and how?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.