Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

astevens
Advocate II
Advocate II

Conditional formatting does not work in my Table or Matrix

I have a calculated measure I use to determine what percent of productivity has been met by staff in my organization. I use a measure to determine this with the following formula:

Target Hours Met % = sum(DirectService[Consumer Hours])/[Target Hours Total]

The calculation works fine, however when I add it into a Matrix or into a Table: Values and attempt to do Conditional formatting: Background color scales, it does not put the colors in. For whatever reason, the Data bars Conditional formatting does work, but not the Background color scales and not the Font color scales. Here's how they look. 1) The one cell table, 2) The Conditionalformatting options that are shown as available, 3) How I attempt to enter the background colors, which is accepted, but which does not actually show up on 1), 4) How I enter the Data bars conditional formatting, which does work as shown in 5).

New Bitmap Image.jpgNew Bitmap Image2.jpgNew Bitmap Image3.jpgNew Bitmap Image4.jpgNew Bitmap Image5.jpg 

I've tried all of the different options in the Background color scales and nothing has worked, It does show up under the Remove conditional formatting: Background color scales. So I can add and remove the conditional format, it just doesn't show up in the cell.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @astevens,

Did you use a single value in the table visual? I would suggest using the custom visual "Card with states by OKViz" instead.

Conditional_formatting_does_not_work_in_my_Table_or_Matrix

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @astevens,

Did you use a single value in the table visual? I would suggest using the custom visual "Card with states by OKViz" instead.

Conditional_formatting_does_not_work_in_my_Table_or_Matrix

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This did work for me, using the OKViz custom visual. Still can't get the conditional formatting to work on the regular matrix/table visuals, but the custom OKViz was a decent work around. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Accually, conditional formatting (rules, color scale, field value) still not works (apr 2019 desktop version) in case you have several measures in rows in a matrix:

Capture5.PNG

There would be great to have this working

Accually, conditional formatting (rules, color scale, field value) still not works (Version: 2.68.5432.841 64-bit apr 2019  version).

This answer https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Formatting-not-working-for-one-row-table/td-p/6... did not work too.

image.png

edejes2
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I have done the same no issues at all. What version of PBI desktop are you using?

Regards'

Erich Dejesus

I am having the same problem. I have created 3 measures (1 target and 2 current rates) and put these in to a table. When I try to add font or background conditional formatting to them, neither work. What did you do to overcome this? It's so frustrating!

Version: 2.53.4954.481 64-bit (December, 2017)

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, that's interesing, I created a % measure and tried this and did not have any issue with any of the conditional formatting.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.