Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formatting by Rules not updating

Hello!
I've a column setup based on conditonal formatting by Rules. But it's not updating on adding new values to the table. In the snapshot below, I added 0.35 which should be green based on the conditons but it's not. Not sure what's going wrong. Any leads will be very helpful! 

aruneshmee_0-1643119057572.png

aruneshmee_1-1643119138739.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , The measures I see in visual and the measure I see in conditional formatting are different?

can you check the value of the measure used in conditional formating (sum of a column)

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous 

T4S3R_0-1643121851999.png

if you take a look at the screenshot and compare the column name in the upper half of the screenshot (A_Steer Left) and the bottom half (A_Rear 1 Left) you will see that they are different. 

Power BI basically calculates the result for the column A_Rear 1 Left for your conditional formatting and not for A_Steer Left. Thats what @amitchandak meant.

Please try to change the column you are using inside the conditional formatting from "A_Rear 1 Left" to "A_Steer Left" and see if that fixes things.

Best regards

Timo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
T4S3R
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous ,

two things I can think of with the info provided:

1. The value for the field you are doing the formatting on (A_Rear 1 Left) calculates something other than 0.35

2. The value 0.35 is a total of some sort and is not formatted due to your "values only" setting.

Best regards

Timo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Timo, Just added randon values to avoid the Total case. Still no success 

aruneshmee_0-1643120761361.png

Hi @Anonymous 

T4S3R_0-1643121851999.png

if you take a look at the screenshot and compare the column name in the upper half of the screenshot (A_Steer Left) and the bottom half (A_Rear 1 Left) you will see that they are different. 

Power BI basically calculates the result for the column A_Rear 1 Left for your conditional formatting and not for A_Steer Left. Thats what @amitchandak meant.

Please try to change the column you are using inside the conditional formatting from "A_Rear 1 Left" to "A_Steer Left" and see if that fixes things.

Best regards

Timo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Timo! I corrected it
Works perfectly now

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , The measures I see in visual and the measure I see in conditional formatting are different?

can you check the value of the measure used in conditional formating (sum of a column)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I'm new to PowerBI, not sure what do you mean when you say you see different measures. Can you elaborate please? 

Thanks,

Arunesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.