Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kyliejones

Conditional formatting based on table cell value, not cell count

Hello,

New to Power BI. Wanting to format a table's column cells based on the cell value, not the column count. 

I want any value 0-6 to be the red icon, value 7 or 8 to be the yellow icone, and value 9 or 10 to be the green icon. Right now, it's considering the COUNT instead of the cell values to determine conditional formatting.

See screenshots below. All I can find is the option to format based on COUNT, not cell value? Can anyone help please?

kyliejones_0-1634571198822.png

kyliejones_1-1634571229499.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @kyliejones 

Check your ROLE column type, is it TEXT? if yes, change that to whole number then try again to set your conditional formatting.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kyliejones

Yes, I didn't have the column types correct. Fixed, thank you!

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @kyliejones 

Check your ROLE column type, is it TEXT? if yes, change that to whole number then try again to set your conditional formatting.

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

But whereas in my case the column has Text and the Text need to be shown in icons but the conditional formating is taking it as count.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.