Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Suprith
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting based on a 2 columns

Hello All, 

Can anyone please help in formatting the table with colors, based on 2 condition,

For particular column ( say, Today) where the value is less than 10, mark the KPI column as Green , if its above 10 then color it with Red. But here is the catch, the table has rows with different counters in it, CPU threshold differs with other counters in the table, 

Conditional formatting should not just be dependent on Today's value instead it should also consider Object type. 

For CPU, threshold is 10, if its less than 10 (green) and more than 10 (red)

For Memory, threshold is 600, if its less than 600(green) and more than 600 (red)

Object       Today            KPI

CPU           2.91603         ?
Disk           836.614503   ?

Memory    702.328244   ?

4 REPLIES 4
mitapate
Frequent Visitor

Not sure how much this can help but I found something similar while looking for same issue; https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-formatting-based-on-2-columns/m-p/651585

cncnvr
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone got solution on this?

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Suprith,

For your scenario, it seems that the new feature of August Version Power BI Desktop Conditional formatting by values could help you. 

Please refer to this document.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Cherry, but thats not i am refrring to. Let me gexplain it with the screenshot, 

KPI Color_1.png

For eg, I need to color the circle in KPILight column as red , if Today value exceeds say 80 for Countername called Processor utilization and Object being CPU. 

And Mark KPI light as Red if Avg Disk read Latency is gretater than 10ms .

So i am trying to color the KPI light based on certain value (threhsold) for Countername like '%..............(different counter names).............%'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.