Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MKeppel
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting Stacked Chart Data Label Values

Hi,

For some unknown reason, I can't seem to get the data labels to change their colours they way I want.

I want different categories to have a different colour so white text on darker category color, and dark text on the lighter category colour

Playing around with a matrix, and cell elements conditoinal formattings, it works fine based on retreiving either the rows field value, or a measure which does a switch condition.

Currenlty within Power BI - Field value set to mcasesubjectfrontcolor, but all showing up white

Visual setup

How the visual is setup.png

Current out come .. All end up the same color..

Stack chart font not changing colour?Stack chart font not changing colour?

Proof that mcasesubjectfontcolor is setup, and works in matrix

Proof that field values work via MatrixProof that field values work via Matrix

Expected outcome (ignoing the colours in the proof of concept, I am after is subject A = Front White, If Subject B = Font Blank ....)

Mocked up - Expected outcomeMocked up - Expected outcome

1 REPLY 1
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@MKeppel 

Data Labels do not support conditional formatting, you could custom it but not format it as conditional.

You could vote the same idea for your requirement and make this feature come sooner.

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.