Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional formating a column based on a measure outside the table (Rules configuration issue)

Hello , I am confused about setting up conditional formating rules for a column.
Here is my scenario, I need to compare the values of the column highlighted in blue (they are calculated using let's say "measure A") with the measure in green (calculated using measure B so it is not a fixed value).
So in the conditional formating tab I want to set an icon to show down arrow if the value on the table is less than the green value, or an up arrow if the value is above the green value.

talleslessa_0-1627047267133.png

The picture above shows how it was supposed to look like . The issue isI have no idea how to make it work like that, I got it like that once by setting rules at random and got that output. Here are the rules I set where the green box sets the measure B as comparison, it used to work but then I set it to apply to values and totals and it broke, I tried going back to just values and it is still broken

talleslessa_2-1627047752245.png

As you can see 

talleslessa_3-1627047960140.png

How do I make this work again?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the sugestion, they are displayed as a %, However I made it work in another way.

I created a new measure that compares both values and returs 0 if measure A is lower than B, 1 if it is higher or 2 if it is equal whithing a set deviation.

And set the rules to monitor this new measure and format accordingly

talleslessa_0-1627052306095.png

Now it works as expected 

talleslessa_1-1627052411947.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the data format of your both measures percentage or you are diaplaying them as percentages?

There is a big difference in both of the above.

If you are just displaying the measure values as percentages, then in the conditional formatting window, you will have to compare on a scale of 0 to 1 rather than a scale of 0 to 100.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the sugestion, they are displayed as a %, However I made it work in another way.

I created a new measure that compares both values and returs 0 if measure A is lower than B, 1 if it is higher or 2 if it is equal whithing a set deviation.

And set the rules to monitor this new measure and format accordingly

talleslessa_0-1627052306095.png

Now it works as expected 

talleslessa_1-1627052411947.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.