Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional column didn't works

Dear expert  

I try to set up condtional column but for some reason, it didn't works for all the column. I try to use the exact conditonal to other power bi report and it works fine but not the one i am working for. I attached the screenshot as below and hopefully you can help me to find out what's the issues. I did try to change the column "Style Price" data type to 'whole number', but it not allow me to do so. ('Style Price"column is a insert column on transfer data - gross sales / ordered item qty).  

Capture.PNG

Thank you

Maggie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi , @Anonymous 

According to the error message , I suspect that there are many ‘null’ values in your column ‘discounts’  or column 'Style Price' as shown in the image below.

53.png
52.png
If this is the case, it is recommended to fill these 'null' values with actual values or filter out these data before creating the conditional column.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In this case, Style Price should be decimal. Change it number/decimal format and try

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear expert

I figure out the reason why it didn't works. The spreedsheet i am working on was combined two excel spreedsheet and only one of the spreedsheet the condition column is working and the other half of the spreedsheet the column didn't works.

Do you know how to solve this issue?

Please advise, thank you

Maggie

Hi , @Anonymous 

According to the error message , I suspect that there are many ‘null’ values in your column ‘discounts’  or column 'Style Price' as shown in the image below.

53.png
52.png
If this is the case, it is recommended to fill these 'null' values with actual values or filter out these data before creating the conditional column.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak

I try to change to decimal but it now allow me to do so.

Maggieliao_1-1611541254913.png

please advise.

Thank you

Maggie

@Anonymous , You have to do it in power query. On the Home tab in the power query, you have an option.

Or right-click on the Table in Power Query and open the advance editor. There you can change the data type.

refer in my video, I have done it in this - https://youtu.be/h0yLtceT0i4?list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L

Below should do for you

type number

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.