Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rsanjuan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional column calculation (If-Then)

Hi,

I have two columns, where the majority of the data are the same, but there are a few entries in one column that are 0 and the correct amount is in one column and vice versa

Comparison

My initial thought was to simply add the values into a new column, but that would double up the entries were same values were entered in.  Is there a way to have it, so that if the first column is zero, it would show the second column, and vice versa?  Maybe some sort of If-Then condition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There.

You can create a conditional column in Query Editor as shown in the screenshot.

Conditional Column in Query EditorConditional Column in Query EditorFinal outputFinal output

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi There.

You can create a conditional column in Query Editor as shown in the screenshot.

Conditional Column in Query EditorConditional Column in Query EditorFinal outputFinal output

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
radpir
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi there,

here's the formula for the new column:

= if [Oppty.Line.Grant Total.amount] = 0 then [Bid.GrandTotal]

else if [Bid.GrandTotal] = 0 then [Oppty.Line.Grant Total.amount]

else [Oppty.Line.Grant Total.amount]

hope this helps,

radpir

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

In the query editor, you could add a new column as you mentioned populated with if-then, then you could remove the two columns as they would at this point no longer be necessary

I don't know of a way to do so without adding a new column, maybe someone else could help, and I could learn something too

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.