Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AgeOfEgos
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional column based on different rows (same Person_ID)

I want a list of patients that take 2 (Or more) medication types at the same time.  The table would be;

Name                     Benzos____________Opioids___________Medication

Patient A                 Y                               N                         Xanax

Patient B                 Y                               N                         Xanax

Patient C                 Y                               N                         Xanax

Patient C                 N                              Y                         Lortab

Patient D                N                               Y                          Lortab

Patient E                Y                                N                         Xanax

Patient E                N                               Y                          Hydrocodone

Ideally, my visual would only display Patient C and Patient E (Those patients that had both a Benzo and Opioid medication, although different rows).  I can't group by--as that will break the rest of my report.  If I try a new Conditional Column (Or custom column with an IF statement), since it evaluates row by row without grouping by Patient--I end up with the same issue.  Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
AkhilAshok
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why don't you create a measure for Medication # = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[Medication]) and use this as a Visual Level filter greater than 2? If your visual has other dimensions which breaks the group by, you could ignore those as well:

Medication # Name Level =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table[Medication] ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Name] )
)

If they have two opiods, wouldn't that still appear?  IE 

Patient A               Lortab 1

Patient A               Lortab 2

MedicationCount > 2 would be satisfied?  I"m needing the specific combination of a benzo + opioid

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.