Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Workspace Access in Power BI

Hi All,

Is there a way to Conditionally provide access to a user at the workspace level.

For Ex: We have 2 AD security groups 'Group_A' and 'Group_B'

Is it possble to set the permission at workspace  like if user belongs to 'Group_A' and belongs to 'Group_B then only enable access.

Requesting suggestions on this.

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to the official document and my test : If someone is in several user groups, they get the highest level of permission provided by the roles they're assigned. 

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-eqin-msft  Hi Eyelin. Thanks for the reply and I understood what you have suggested. But Our requiremnt  is slightly different.

Consider there are 2 AD groups for Departments 'Dept1' and 'Dept2' and  a country specific group 'CountryA'.  'CountryA' have all the members associated with the country A. But as per our requirement, only those users who are members of both Dept1 and CountryA  should only be able to access the workspace. is there a way to achieve this?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , As per this document seem like you can assign to user group

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-new-workspaces

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  Thanks Amit. But this document doesnt mention about providing conditional access as i mentioned in the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors