cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sahameeda90

Conditional If and Logical AND

Error.PNG

I am using a very simple conditional if and logical AND statement to create a calculated field. It says there are no syntax errors but when I apply the formula it gives this error

Expression.Error: The name 'IF' wasn't recognized.  Make sure it's spelled correctly.

Please Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sahameeda90,

All functions in Power Query, whether text, logic or anything else, are case sensitive. You should use if...then...else instead. Here a good article about if function in Power Query for your reference.

In addition, your current formula with IF and logical AND statement should work when you use it to add a calculate column under Modeling tab in Power BI Desktop. Smiley Happy

c0.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sahameeda90,

All functions in Power Query, whether text, logic or anything else, are case sensitive. You should use if...then...else instead. Here a good article about if function in Power Query for your reference.

In addition, your current formula with IF and logical AND statement should work when you use it to add a calculate column under Modeling tab in Power BI Desktop. Smiley Happy

c0.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

THank you @v-ljerr-msft.  They work with lower case and a little change with syntax. I appreciate your help.

sahameeda90

Error.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors