Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abloor
Helper IV
Helper IV

Conditional Formatting

Hi,

Just wondering if what I want to do is possible.  I'm trying to use Conditonal Formatting on a measure.  It's the % column as pictured below.

If the value of the measure is 100% or more, then, then I want the font colour to be green.

If the value of the measure is 99.9% or less, then I want the font colour to be red.

Here's my measure:

Variance % =
DIVIDE([Revenue], [Budget])

When I try to add the rule it's not letting me and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It doesn't seem to have the options I am looking for.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks very much

Conditional 1.pngConditional 2.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@abloor 

When you use the built in percent it is looking at the percent of the values meaning, if you have 10 values and set it to > 90 percent it will format the highest value only.  It has nothing to do with the % number you are displaying.  What you want to use is Number like so:

PctFormat.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@abloor ,

I believe you just need a second rule.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

color.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@abloor 

When you use the built in percent it is looking at the percent of the values meaning, if you have 10 values and set it to > 90 percent it will format the highest value only.  It has nothing to do with the % number you are displaying.  What you want to use is Number like so:

PctFormat.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors