Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JulieM
Employee
Employee

Conditional Formatting only working on some cells

Hi guys,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I've applied conditional formatting for my Status column based on a numerical value that I have assigned to text (FY22 ACR=1, FY22 IPCS Wins=2, FY22 ACR & IPCS Wins=3) in another column not shown in the matrix.  But it is not working correctly, as you can see from the screenshots below.  For example FY22 ACR is showing no background color applied at all in the first screenshot, and FY22 IPCS Wins is using the wrong background color in one cell in the second screenshot.  It makes no sense to me because even the errors aren't following a logical pattern.  I already checked to make sure that the hidden calculated numbers column is matching the correct text value for each cell, so that is not the issue. I've also attached a screenshot of the conditional formatting I selected.  FYI, the "What field should we base this on?" and "Summarization" fields are only giving me the option of COUNT or COUNT DISTINCT.  I'm just getting back into Power BI after not working in it for several years, so I'm sure that I'm missing something that is probably very obvious. Can anybody give me any insight as to what the issue is here?  Thanks!

JulieM_0-1649963170950.png

JulieM_1-1649963371291.png

JulieM_2-1649963666428.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@JulieM  You can try this. Create a measure and do the conditional formatting based on Field Value instead of Rules.

ghoshabhijeet_1-1649969779311.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@JulieM  You can try this. Create a measure and do the conditional formatting based on Field Value instead of Rules.

ghoshabhijeet_1-1649969779311.png

** If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution, so that it comes in top of the search and help others. Thank you !

Good Luck 👍

Thanks so much! It worked better--more cells are working now, but it is still missing formatting of some cells and I lose most of the conditional formatting when I expand to the next level (see screenshots below).  I will try and put together a sample pbix file to upload.

JulieM_0-1649973986468.png

JulieM_1-1649974044824.png

JulieM_2-1649974084105.png

@JulieM  Sure.. it would be of great help if you could provide a sample file. Thanks !

I did some re-configuring and this solution is now working.  👍 Thanks so much for your help! 😊  

I have the exact same problem. a measure like yours and it's working om some rows but not all. Can you please share what your re-configuring was??

@JulieM  Awesome 👍 ... Gald I could help 😊

ghoshabhijeet
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@JulieM  Can you please share the pbix file ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.