Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Conditional Formatting on Percentages - Really?

This really can't be that difficult...

I have a simple calculation in DAX, formatted as a percentage, and I want to conditionally format that when 100% Red, 80% Yellow and and so on.

I found some information in the community - but nothing particularly helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @irnm8dn,

The november's release has this function.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2017-feature-summary/

You just should use 1 to red, 0.8 to yellow and so on (assuming your measure is formatted as percentage).

Ricardo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.I have a measure which is a calculated percentage of other two column.Any ideas on how i can work this out

ripstaur
Helper III
Helper III

I have tried this several ways...I have a column that calculates a percentage based on two other columns. The max it can be is 100%, and that (for better or worse - I didn't pick it) is the goal, and that's what they want to have "green." However, I have tried it using rules, setting yellow to less than 1 and green to "is" 1 (I also tried >= 1), and it stays yellow. If I back the 1 down to 0.93, it will turn green, but as soon as I put in a number larger than that, it goes back to yellow. Any ideas? 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, I actually just tried this and I'm not getting conditional formatting to work with measures, only columns...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too can only use this function on columns and not measures.  Are measures not supported for conditional formatting??

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Have you tried the "Color by rules" option? You can put in the decimal equivalents of the percentages as part of the rules and they will work, assuming that your calculation returns a number that you have formatted as % and they are not text.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @irnm8dn,

The november's release has this function.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2017-feature-summary/

You just should use 1 to red, 0.8 to yellow and so on (assuming your measure is formatted as percentage).

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.