Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swwong1
Helper III
Helper III

Conditional Formatting on Matrix Row

Hi All,

Just wondering if it's possible to conditional format based on another value (not part of the matrix).

Referring to the first table, each client has a particular category based on spending. I would like to present the second table where it only shows the Client Name and Revenue. However, I would like the set the entire row to be a specific colour depending on the category (but I don't want to show category as a column, just by the colour of the row)

swwong1_0-1625577360364.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kpat5vnkzvbzpg/PBI%20File.pbix?dl=0 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I probably chose the wrong example as Gold/Silver/Bronze is a category rather than the colour I want.

After some research, it seems like you can't set colours based on specific text (by default) - as in Gold category should be in blue font. Instead, I have created a measure through SWITCH and set up a rule under conditional formatting.

If anyone is interested, I have updated it on my PBI file in the link.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tdaniel
Frequent Visitor

Hey, 

So If you select the Matrix and then go into the "Format" section and go to the "Conditional Formatting" dropdown make sure "Client" is seleted and then turn on "Backgroud Color" and then set the fields to the Screenshot below. This should work and set the Client names to their Category.

tdaniel_0-1625578425937.png

Thanks, I probably chose the wrong example as Gold/Silver/Bronze is a category rather than the colour I want.

After some research, it seems like you can't set colours based on specific text (by default) - as in Gold category should be in blue font. Instead, I have created a measure through SWITCH and set up a rule under conditional formatting.

If anyone is interested, I have updated it on my PBI file in the link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors