Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jamie_wong
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting on Data Color For Date (as Legend) in Scatter Chart

I have a scatter chart (Bubble Chart) about the Score vs Speed on each date where:
Details: Date
Legend: Date
X-Axis: Score
Y-Axis: Speed

Size: Total Questions

My question is, can I set my bubble color as the earliest date has lightest color and latest date has darkest color?

Jamie_wong_0-1572409921082.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is not directly possible but there is a workaround. Please follow the steps given below:

You will have to create 2 columns. (You can do this in measure also by summarizing but to show demo i have implemented using 2 columns)

Column 1 Index:

Go to Edit Queries -> Sort the date column you are going to use -> Click on Add Column tab -> Index Column and create column starting from 1 with increamenting value as 1. 

Column 2 Calculation:

Create column 2 with the following calculation:

Column =
IF(
'Time'[Date] = MINX('Time', 'Time'[Date]),
IF(
'Time'[Date] = MAXX('Time', 'Time'[Date]), 1,
DIVIDE(1, 'Time'[Index.1],BLANK())
)
)

Once this is done then go to the visualizations pane -> format -> data colors -> click on the white box under Default color. Then select the following options:

diverging (1).png

This worked fine for me on my sample data.

Thanks,

Vinay Dandwani

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Jamie_wong 

I have tried to re-pro the issue from my end with scatter chart and seeing that there is no option in Format.(Back Ground Color and Data Color)

Please post your idea in "Power BI Ideas Forum Page".

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is not directly possible but there is a workaround. Please follow the steps given below:

You will have to create 2 columns. (You can do this in measure also by summarizing but to show demo i have implemented using 2 columns)

Column 1 Index:

Go to Edit Queries -> Sort the date column you are going to use -> Click on Add Column tab -> Index Column and create column starting from 1 with increamenting value as 1. 

Column 2 Calculation:

Create column 2 with the following calculation:

Column =
IF(
'Time'[Date] = MINX('Time', 'Time'[Date]),
IF(
'Time'[Date] = MAXX('Time', 'Time'[Date]), 1,
DIVIDE(1, 'Time'[Index.1],BLANK())
)
)

Once this is done then go to the visualizations pane -> format -> data colors -> click on the white box under Default color. Then select the following options:

diverging (1).png

This worked fine for me on my sample data.

Thanks,

Vinay Dandwani

Hello, is it possible to show solution for this case with creating a measure? 

Hi Vinay,

Instead of using index column, I would like to rank the date.

By any chance, do you know how to rank the date without duplicate ranking? 😥

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jamie,

Please try these methods, if it works:

Method 1:

https://forum.enterprisedna.co/t/rank-unique-ranking-when-there-are-duplicate-values/2815/5

Method 2:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Rank-values-without-duplicate-ranking/m-p/702312

I forgot to mention earlier, if you are using my method then please first sort the columns based on date in edit queries and then create index column.

Thanks,

Vinay Dandwani

Hi Vinay,

Got it! Thanks for Sharing 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.