Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting on Advance Card Visual

Hello Power BI-ers!

So I was wondering if anyone knew how to program the conditional formatting feature for Advance Card that would change based on a Goal.

As the visual currently stands, (from what I know), the formatting you can do is off a fixed number. Reference to the picture below:

AdvanceCard.PNG

Now, this would work great if my goal was fixed. I could set in my two conditions and we're good to go. However, my goal changes from month to month. Ideally, I'd like it set up where the color formatting would change based on the goal number on a monthly basis. As of right now, the colors are inside of a larger circle (shown below) that changes based on the filtered date. So for example, this picture below is Safety. If the number of incidents during a certain date range is 0, then the circle is Green. If the number of incidents during a certain date range is more than 0, so 1, then the circle is Red. I'd like for the circle to change colors based on a ever changing goal number that is inputted into a column that I've linked to the dashboard.

Red Circle.PNG

Any insights here? Thank you so much!

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you want the "Value" to be dynamic according to the selected month?

10.png

For example, for January, if "incidents" >0, then red, else green,

for February, if "incidents" >3, then red, else green,

Is my understanding right?

Additionally, 

You could refer to this bolg how to use Advanced card visual.

Power BI Custom Visuals-Advance Card - Pragmatic Works' blog

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning @v-juanli-msft ,

Yes, exactly what I am after! When I change the date filter by month, a new goal would be measured up against an existing value. I know that in theory, I could go and adjust it at the start of the month for that new month, but then if I were to compare how we did to our goal in January, the conditional formatting would be set for February's goal and the color change would be incorrect. If I were to compare how we did to our goal last October, the conditional formatting would be set for February's goal and the color change would be incorrect. So yes, as you mention, the value to be dynamic based on the selected month.

Do you have a solution to my problem? Thank you so much for the reply, it made me happy to see your reply in my Inbox. 

- mrolim

Hi @Anonymous 

Try the Card with States Custom Visual I think you'll like it.

http://okviz.com/card-with-states/

I make a simple example as below.

Create measures

state measure = IF([incidents Measure]-[kpi]<=0,0,1)

1.png2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! This helped me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.