Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JordanJackson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Conditional Formatting not working as intended

Hi, 

I've out in place rules for the conditional formatting of this card (seen in the attached screenshot) and the formatting does not work how the rules state it should. 

This same thing happend for another card I have created also. Any help with what is going wrong here would be greatly appreciated. 

Thankyou Screenshot (373).png

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

You have the data and can test different values.  From observing it 17.95% (or 0.1795)  will fall in the 0 to 0.9 range therefore green.

There's no provision for -ve numbers from what I can see so it'll either do nothing or assign it to the last case.  Why don't you add a case for -ve numbers?

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Try putting the numbers in decimal where 0 = 0 and 1 = 100 in that screen.  So 0.9 instead of 90 for example.

Doing this has fixed some results, but not all. 

I have a result with 17.95% and another with -41.03 that both present as green. According to the rules the 17.95 should appear as red.

I'm stumpped as to what the cause is.

Hi @JordanJackson ,

Could you please change the type number to type percent?

Because you have the percentage and the decimal number.

Hope these help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.