Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting not behaving as expected

Hi All,

I have set up conditional formatting on a Matrix table with 4 levels of rows, values has 2, revenue and the % of that revenue against the Row total... 

Now I put the conditional formatting on this % field and set it 0-5% = Red 6-10% = Amber 11-100% = Green.

But whatever logic PowerBi is using its not making sense on the table, ie I have a row with 12% in the % field but its coming up as Red? 

What does PowerBi work its Percentages off and is there a way to change this? or some alternative.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I create a simple sample that you could have a try. And you can use any of the values listed in the CSS color spec at https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-3/ to color your visuals. In my sample, I use text to color it.  Please view the sample below.

Conditional formatting = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    'Table'[%] <= 0.05, "Red",
    'Table'[%] <= 0.1, "Yellow",
    "Green"
)

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rgodavarthy ,

It is by design. The percentage is calculated based on Range.

Percentage(in conditional formatting)Range.PNG

You could try to create DAX formulas to apply that color to the background of font color of a table or matrix visual. For more details, you could try my sample.

conditional formatting.PNG

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-table-formatting#color-formatting-by-f...

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-xuding-msft this is really helpful!

I am struggling as to how to implement it though as I am not measuring against a goal but a % of the Row total in a Matrix so the only field I have is Revenue against millions of rows.

The Matrix looks something like this

Line of BusinessWindows Doors Flooring Total 
CountryRev%Rev%Rev%Rev%
UK25.151%11.423%1326%49.5100%
France10.69%100.282%119%121.8100%
Germany30.144%18.928%19.528%68.5100%
Total65.827%130.554%43.518%239.8100%

There are sublevels below those in the matrix also going down at least 4 or more levels.

Thanks again for the help!

Hi @Anonymous ,

I create a simple sample that you could have a try. And you can use any of the values listed in the CSS color spec at https://www.w3.org/TR/css-color-3/ to color your visuals. In my sample, I use text to color it.  Please view the sample below.

Conditional formatting = 
SWITCH (
    TRUE (),
    'Table'[%] <= 0.05, "Red",
    'Table'[%] <= 0.1, "Yellow",
    "Green"
)

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.