Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OEade
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting locked to 'Percent' levels

Hi,

I'm looking to add conditionally formatted Icon bars to a Matrix, these need to be formatted based on Number rather than percentages. (A simple if this number is positive = green icon, negative = red icon)

However, when attempting this I see that the formatting levels are locked to a combination of Number and Percent (see below).

PBI Cond formatting.PNG

I have been able to change these to number for another matrix in my report where the formatting is working correctly. I have checked my measures formatting and flicked between General, decimal and whole number but none have solved this issue.

How am I able to change all of these drop-downs to set the format levels to 'Number'?

Many thanks,

Ollie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @OEade 

Maybe you can try the following.

Measure:

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Value1]),SUM('Table'[Value2]))
Color = IF([Measure]>=0,"Green","Red")

vzhangti_0-1658825015605.pngvzhangti_1-1658825055272.png

vzhangti_2-1658825087884.png

Does this match the output you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @OEade 

Maybe you can try the following.

Measure:

Measure = DIVIDE(SUM('Table'[Value1]),SUM('Table'[Value2]))
Color = IF([Measure]>=0,"Green","Red")

vzhangti_0-1658825015605.pngvzhangti_1-1658825055272.png

vzhangti_2-1658825087884.png

Does this match the output you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

This sounds like a bug to me.  You should submit it as an issue, perhaps the PowerBI team has a fix.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Very strange, I am not able to replicate that behaviour.  Can you try clearing the conditional formatting from the table then adding it back in?

I have tried this already unfortunately, even when recreating a new table I'm still faced with the issue.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@OEade 

In the conditional formtting window, if you have the 'Apply to' set to anything other than just 'Values only', the percent/number field is locked.  Change it to values, set your range then change it back to Values and totals.

jdbuchanan71_0-1658496603474.png

jdbuchanan71_1-1658496618065.png

Sorry should've made it clear in my screenshot. I have 'Apply to' set to Values only already.

PBI Cond formatting 2.PNG

Were you able to solve it?

I have the same mistake.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.