Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaronSdG
Resolver II
Resolver II

Conditional Formatting in a table for fields that are grouped

Hi all

I have a table and I want to apply conditional formatting. I noticed that when I try to display the conditional formatting panel in fields that are grouped, there isn't such an option. Instead, if I take the filed alone the option is displayed. Is there a way to apply a condition to a group or not?

BaronSdG_0-1614774133762.png

BaronSdG_1-1614774198218.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User II
Super User II

Ahh, ok.  You should see it if you select the visual and go to the formatting pane.  There you can select the fileds in the hierarchy and apply your condidional formatting.

jdbuchanan71_0-1614779396524.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jdbuchanan71
Super User II
Super User II

Ahh, ok.  You should see it if you select the visual and go to the formatting pane.  There you can select the fileds in the hierarchy and apply your condidional formatting.

jdbuchanan71_0-1614779396524.png

View solution in original post

Thanks, but does that mean that I still need to select every single column of the hierarchy and select the formatting? isn't there a way to apply the formatting to ALL the fields in the hierarchy?

You would need to apply it to each filed, yes.

Terrible news, but thanks!

So since there isn't a solution for this, do I still accept your claim as a solution?

I guess?  We have an answer, just not the one we wanted. 🙂

BaronSdG
Resolver II
Resolver II

I just checked, they were grouped via hierarchy

jdbuchanan71
Super User II
Super User II

@BaronSdG 

How did you group the fields in the table together?  In my testing, after selecting and grouping some categories I still see conditinal formatting as an option on the group.

jdbuchanan71_0-1614777458863.png

I just checked, they were grouped via hierarchy

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.