Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIGuy1
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting in Table Visualization

I am using latest Power BI desktop version (Version: 2.42.4611.901 64-bit (January 2017)).

I could not find conditional formatting option in Table Visualization. I can do regular formatting on row/column level. I found some forum threads and articles but they seems to be 3 months old etc. I wonder if conditional formatting is done differently or disappeared in latest version?

I want to color a value or change background of a cell, If a value is above 100 in a column.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

I have the latest release and conditional formatting is there. You can add condition formatting on number columns (fields), make sure that is what you are doing.

format1.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
parry2k
Super User
Super User

I have the latest release and conditional formatting is there. You can add condition formatting on number columns (fields), make sure that is what you are doing.

format1.PNG

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I am using the latest version of Power BI and I DON'T see the Conditional Format option. I am not sure what was wrong. I tried on all fields, incluidng text and number.

Could you please help.

Thanks;

Andrew

I was trying it on a string column. But i think just having it on number column works for now.

Another scenario that I have is to color code a column value if we find certain keywords in a text column. Operators adds comment, We want to highlight some important comments based on URGENT keyword in the value. I figured out other ways to do it by finding it using a measured column and then color code based on measured column value etc.

Hey would you please elaborate how exaclly did you do this ? I would want to find keyword like saturday or sunday and then color the cells that are on weekends but I still havent figured out how

Hi! I came across your post and was wondering if you could share the way to color code a column value if we find certain keywords in a text column.You also discovered  other ways to do it by using a measured column and then color code based on measured column value etc. Could you please share how it works? Thank you!

How I can help @skareer What is your question?

Is there a way I can conditionally format a column that has words? 

For eg: If I have yes or no as options then how can I put two different colors in the background of both cells that contain the options? 

You cannot do conditional format on text fields. only option I can think of have two images (for yes and for no) and then add a new column with condition to select which image to use and use that column in your table. 

I hope it is helpful. Let me know if you need further help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k I am interetsed in doing that.  Please could you provide steps for me?  I have imported two images but not sure how to write in a column, if my priority ID is 1 (highest) then show the red arrow I've imported.

In reguards to your post I had a similar issue I have an existing report where I have a text column in a Table Visual that has conditional filtering,  which still works however the option to change it is gone. Can you provide detail on how you addressed your highlight formatting for text?

Awesome, it worked for you. Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.