Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

Conditional Formatting for specific field value in power bi desktop

Hi All,

Using conditional formatting I want to display the score of the user whether he achieved or not so that by colors.

For example: Target is 5 and I have scored in the range of 0,0.05,0.78... 

So I need to indicate my score in red color and Target in Green color. I just want to display only that column, not other columns.Please help me how to achieve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu,

Yes that would indeed be the best solution but if I am not mistaken conditional formatting is at the moment only possible for the "Table" and "Matrix" visual so that is the reason I presented you with this workaround. 

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu,

Here are the step I took to solve your problem:

Data used is:

UserScore

Brian0.67
Carl2.45
Sean5.2
Rick7.75

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3Step 4Step 4

If you have any further questions or if this is not exactly what you wanted please let me know 🙂

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

Hi @Anonymous

In Table Visual I could achieve this, I need the same in the card visual.is there any custom visual where it accepts conditional formatting?

please guide me

Try the "Card with States by OKviz", you can select states and colors with that one. 

Hope it helps.

Raul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu,

What exactly do you want the card to display the average of all the scores ? Since a card can only display one score.

Best regards,

Lieuwe Meijdam

Yeah, I want to display score based on the player filter and I need to bring the color like if the score is less than 10 Red and greater than 10 Green.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu,

I think this is possible with the "KPI visual" Please look at the examples below. (Note the target in the example is 5 not 10 but you can make it whatever you want)

I made a second table which I named "Target" the table looks like this:

Target

Example 1Example 1Example 2Example 2

This is not exactly the way you are supposed to use this visual but I couldnt think of another solution, I hope this works for you.

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks a lot.

This solution may help me in future.

But I expect conditional formatting where we can give our conditions!...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Charu,

Yes that would indeed be the best solution but if I am not mistaken conditional formatting is at the moment only possible for the "Table" and "Matrix" visual so that is the reason I presented you with this workaround. 

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

Thanks for your timely help Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.