Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting for a date based on another date

Hello,

I need a way to highlight a date in a table based on it being before or after the first date. All the data comes from project.

Task finish date   task baseline date

18/01/2022           19/01/2022

So in this example, task finish date would be green. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ask your boss to give the requirement in one go, or hire som consultant/training for you 🙂

Color = 
VAR __finishDate = MAX ( Highlight[Finish Date] )
VAR __baseDate = MAX ( Highlight[Base Date] )
VAR __days =  DATEDIFF ( __finishDate, __baseDate, DAY )
RETURN

SWITCH ( TRUE(),

__days > 60, "Green",
    __days > 0, "Orange",
    "Red"
)

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I know but in case if he ever agreed, feel free to reach out since I do training programs. Cheers!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ask your boss to give the requirement in one go, or hire som consultant/training for you 🙂

Color = 
VAR __finishDate = MAX ( Highlight[Finish Date] )
VAR __baseDate = MAX ( Highlight[Base Date] )
VAR __days =  DATEDIFF ( __finishDate, __baseDate, DAY )
RETURN

SWITCH ( TRUE(),

__days > 60, "Green",
    __days > 0, "Orange",
    "Red"
)

Check my latest blog post Comparing Selected Client With Other Top N Clients | PeryTUS  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, worked great. Tell me about it with the requirements and training ha

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add a measure:

Color = IF ( MAX ( Table[FinishDate] ) < MAX(Table[BaseDate]), "Green", "Red" )

Then on Finish Date column, go to conditional formatting, and set the formatting to field value and use above measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. Another quick question, my boss has asked for the following:

Within 60 calendar days = Amber

Greater than 60 days = Green

So is it possible to change the formula to reflect those. Essentially if the finish date is up to 60 days before the baseline date it's amber. If it's greater than 60 days it's green and if the finish date is after the baseline date it's red. So he's asked for some additional stuff.

Your help is apprieciated and thank you  

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what is the first date? Your example is not clear. are you saying if the finish date is before the baseline date then highlight it in green?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sorry the task finish date is the first date. If it is before the baseline date make it green, if it's after make it red.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.