Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Conditional Formatting for Measures in Rows

Hi Community,

With your help I've managed to places my Measure in rows - but there's one more thing I hope can be done as well - how to do conditional formatting on it, These are different measures with different targets

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ovetteabejuela

Since Measures on Rows is not officially supported I suspect you've built a SINGLE SWITCH Measure you've placed on the Rows

something similar to this method by @MattAllington http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

so you can apply conditional formatting but it will be the same for all Measures included in the SINGLE switch Measure

and the way I read your question is this is not what you want - you'd like different for each Measure in the single SWITCH Measure

Unreleated to this but you can format differently each Measure using the FORMAT function

Measures on Rows is a highly requested feature and I think its only a matter of time until the bring it in PBI.

It's marked as planned Smiley Happy

Then you'll be able to apply Conditional Formatting to each Measure separately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ovetteabejuela

Since Measures on Rows is not officially supported I suspect you've built a SINGLE SWITCH Measure you've placed on the Rows

something similar to this method by @MattAllington http://exceleratorbi.com.au/measures-on-rows-here-is-how-i-did-it/

so you can apply conditional formatting but it will be the same for all Measures included in the SINGLE switch Measure

and the way I read your question is this is not what you want - you'd like different for each Measure in the single SWITCH Measure

Unreleated to this but you can format differently each Measure using the FORMAT function

Measures on Rows is a highly requested feature and I think its only a matter of time until the bring it in PBI.

It's marked as planned Smiley Happy

Then you'll be able to apply Conditional Formatting to each Measure separately.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Seth_C_Bauer,

Yes I am aware of that feature but that only applies to the normal situations like the out-of-the-box behaviour (measures are in columns section) mine is in rows.

@Sean,

That is exactly what I am doing - the SINGLE SWITCH approach.

I also voted for that OOTB feature in ideas while I was researching for a solution and I am just hoping that there is also a work aorund for the conditional formatting for multiple measures with varying targets - but sounds like there is none as per your comment.

I hope that feature will be added soon, my subscribers would really prefer to have that it's something that they are used to in the Excel reporting.

@ovetteabejuela In the values section where you drop your measure, there is a down arrow to the right of the measure name. Click that, and you will see a drop down that includes "Conditional Formatting"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.