Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sp8
Helper II
Helper II

Conditional Formatting by other measure column not formating correctly

I am using the conditional formatting by another field feature on the table and it's formatting things incorrectly.

I have a table column that contains the targets/goals and a column that has the actual. If actual is lower than the target, I want it green.  If it's higher, red.

My conditional statement is set up as follows. (It won't allow me to set the bottom to >100% fo the goal, but in this case if it's 99.9% of the goal, it's close enough and should be red.)

conditionalformattingpane.PNG

My actual value is a measure.

My goal/target is pulled in from a data table that has a many:1 relationship with the data table that is the source for the leftmost column (product) of the visual table. The goal table is the 1 side and the product table is the many side. (Therefore the average, max, min, median... of the goal are all the same.)

The has some values color-coded correctly and some incorrectly- see below.

wrongcondform.PNG

Why would one value higher than 100% of the target be red (correct), but the others stay green?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please change the type Percent to Number, It will work.Conditional Formating.PNG

@Anonymous 

When I change both to number,  everything is green.

all green.PNG

I would expect that, because it's comparing it to a specific number, which all of them are lower than, right?

condition.PNG

I changed the 99.9 to .999 (like it's a percentage) and I still get nonsense colors. It doesn't follow any logic.

nonsesnecolors.PNG

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi sp8,

I test this in my enviroment, which work well. So I am not sure which cause this problem, if possible, could you please inform me your sample or pbix file? Then I could test this in my environment and help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.