Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jrmemelink
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting background cells in Matrix based on multiple column conditions

Dear community,

I would like to format the background colour of a matrix based on a lower and an upper limit that is specified per combination.

For every combination there is a first sticking day and a last sticking day specified, and all days that fall below the lower limit or above the upper limit should be coloured red. 

Then I will insert the amounts by a measure which will show the "actuals" per day of the week. Preferably this happens within those same coloured cells.

In below screenshot i've tried to demonstrate this for the first 4 combinations. The cells of the column values "Day no." should be coloured for the lower limit and upper limit that is specified per combination by "MD_FirstStickingDays" and "MD_LastStickingDays" respectively. 

Thanks a lot in advance!
jrmemelink_0-1669645578299.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jrmemelink ,

Pls refer the below link, and check if it is helpful ,if question still not solved ,pls share a sample data and expected output result.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-formatting-multiple-columns-in-matrix-separatel... 

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft,

This is not it unfortunately. 
I added the desired outcome in my post. Im not familiar with uploading data through this community, so i created a link through wetransfer: https://we.tl/t-k7w5WOx08e 
(Important to note is that column numbers 1-7 are given by another data table which is connected to the data through Column MD_LastStickingDay
I think the way how to do this is by creating a measure for each Column if it is lower than or equal to MD_LastStickingDay, but have not figured out how to do so. Next step (i think) would be to do conditional formatting based on that measure. 

Any help is welcome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.