Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cs_astron
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting a single measure in a table visual

I am trying to change the background color or font color of a single measure result in a table visual. 

I have a single measure that is a percentage based upon a calculation in the measure. I placed it in the table visual and I tried applying conditional formatting using the color by rules option. I set it as value is greater than .80 and less than or equal to 1 with a color of red. The value is .85.

After applying the change, the background color of the cell nor the font color did not change. It remains the original color of a white background with black font.

Can this be done? All of the solutions I have seen show the formatting color changes based upon actual data fields in a table and not measures.

I would like to do this without having to go to the marketplace for the "Card with States by OKViz" visual tool.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cs_astron It starts working as soon as you add a column in there I tested it with cost. I believe there needs to be a categorical variable in there even if it has only 1 value.

View solution in original post

Hi @cs_astron,

I also agree with @Anonymous.

formatting.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I am struggling with this same thing (on Desktop On-prem Server Januari 2020 edition). This thread explains what I have found also; it works if I add a dimension to the matrix table, but does NOT work for the total (I seem to recall formatting for table totals was fixed in some release, but that does not apply here) / the measure by itself. Not even if I try using a Color # measure. 

This behavior is not "expected", is it? I would expect it to work. Seems like a bug. I haven't checked if this is being reported and worked on in other releases, sorry. Hope that answer will magically appear here as a reply 🙂 

cs_astron
Frequent Visitor

Here is a pbix sample file and the Excel spreadsheet file if needed. I have one name card and one table in the pbix file. I cannot get the background of font colors to change in the table. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

PBIX file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/70k01fpxtai3iy8/Toys.pbix?dl=0

Excel file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0byjc2f8303vw4o/Toys.xlsx?dl=0

Hi @cs_astron,

I also agree with @Anonymous.

formatting.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cs_astron It starts working as soon as you add a column in there I tested it with cost. I believe there needs to be a categorical variable in there even if it has only 1 value.

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @cs_astron,

Please check if you select the measure you need to set conditional formatting in highlight.

condition formatting.PNG

If you still need help, could you please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.