Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

des_san
Helper I
Helper I

Conditional Formatting a Guage visual

Hi all,

I have a table that looks like this:

DateProcessed CountCreated Count
01/01/19100150
01/02/1990120
01/03/1911580
01/04/1985100
01/05/199590

I would like to visualize a KPI that measures whether we're on target. The target would be defined as the Average of Created Count. I would like the visualization to conditionally format so that if we're falling behind by >80% it's red. If we're within 80% and 95% then yellow and if we're greater than 95% then green.

My first thought was that a Guage would work. However, I was not able to figure out how to conditionally format the Fill color by percent, only by manually entered static values.

Capture.PNG

Would you have a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I've run into this problem myself recently.  Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way to do it with the default Gauge visual.  You can vote for this feature here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18543640-conditional-color-format...

My solution was to use the Tachometer custom visual from the Marketplace instead of the default Gauge.

That's unfortunate. I will add my vote for this feature. Thank you for sharing the suggestion. I'll take a look at the Tachometer and see if it will work for our report.

I have this challenge too. I found a good tutorial on how to do this on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JMSw6i5pzY&feature=youtu.be), but it's not working with a live connection - it won't allow me to select the measure I created with the switch expression. In fact, it won't let me select any values. 

Do you know if this is a limitation - cannot select measures when using live connection and trying to do conditional formatting on a guage visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.