Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Conditional Formatting Yes or No; with Text Column

How to add conditional formatting to a matrix when the value is No (color it light red)?  The column where this is pulling from is a TExt column so I only see ability to do conditional formatting is a value(number)  - any help is appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 104208.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment), please check whether that is what you want.

1. Create a measure as below to get the color formatting

Conditional formatting = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Acknowledged?] ) = "No", "Red" )

2. Configure conditional formatting just as shown in below screenshot: select the matrix and navigate to Fields pane. Click on the drop-down icon to the right of field Acknowledged and select "Conditional formatting" --> "Background color"

yingyinr_1-1635152699189.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft  this worked however it only works when I filter for the completed ones, see first screen shot - reds dont' show up but when i filter for N then it works..

Screenshot 2021-10-22 104208.pngScreenshot 2021-10-25 153959.png

Hi @jcastr02 ,

Could you please provide some simple sample data in your model(exclude sensitive data) which involved in your matrix visual in order to make troubleshooting? Later I will check why it happen... Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download the PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  

Create a measure based on your text column and use that for conditional format.

Ex:

m_automated_fill = IF(MAX('Table1'[Automated_Fill])="Yes" , 1 , 2 )

Then , in condiotion format , format the text column based on this measure. Green if its 1(Yes), and red if its 2 (No).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Raj

Hello @Anonymous I created the measure and set cond. formatting as below but nothing is occuring any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?Screenshot 2021-10-22 104208.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.