Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TamO

Conditional Formatting Y axis categories

Hi - I'm trying to use the "fx" formula on the Y-Axis to highlight specific employees that meet a given criteria.

When I put the data in a table, I can see that when the specific value (measure can be seen working in the table below) is reached, that the DAX I have written is updating the HEX - but the issues is that the visual itself is not updating - ie the categories are all still displaying in the default colour and it is not picking up the new colours as per the DAX. 

TamO_0-1637902558940.png

The Dax that I have written to affect the colour change in the measure is: 

Format Direction to Take Leave =
VAR Excess = CALCULATE(SUM(<Report Name>[<Field Name>]))
RETURN
IF (
Excess = 1,
"#FF0000", --Red color
IF (
Excess = 0,
"#000000" --Black Color
)
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TamO,

AFAIK, current conditional formatting feature is applied to the data labels if you did not enable the legends.

They were not able to apply the conditional formatting on another type of customizing on charts. Perhaps you can submit ideas for improving this feature.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TamO

Thanks @amitchandak - the video is helpful, great content! 

However, it still hasn't resolved my issue - which I wonder is a limitation of Power BI.

I was trying to conditionally format the Y Axis Titles - have you had any success in using conditional formatting in that way?

Thanks again for your help! 

Hi @TamO,

AFAIK, current conditional formatting feature is applied to the data labels if you did not enable the legends.

They were not able to apply the conditional formatting on another type of customizing on charts. Perhaps you can submit ideas for improving this feature.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks -  I did think that perhaps it was functionality, just wanted to sense check before I found an alternate solution.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TamO , You need to use this measure in conditional formatting, using field value options.

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?: https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.