Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarciaBaptista
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Totals and Subtotals - May 2020

In "Power BI Desktop April 2020 Feature Summary", it was said that conditional formatting would also work for totals and subtotals, but it is not working for subtotals.

"...On top of this, we are releasing several other features, including rectangular lasso select across visuals, conditional formatting for totals and subtotals, Direct Query..."

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MarciaBaptista , I see an option under conditional formatting for a background color for a Matrix.

Go to file -> About and check the version, is that latest

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2020-feature-summary/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2020-feature-summary/

Hello!

Please see my answer for @ Pragati11!

Tanks!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @MarciaBaptista ,

Just wanted to check if your Power BI is up-to-date to the latest May 2020 version?

I can see these additional functionalities at my end.

If I didn't understand you question, try sharing some screenshots for your query.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 !

Versão-PBI.png

Hi @Pragati11!

My version is updated until May / 2020.

I will put some examples:

I would like it to look like this (as in Excel):

Excel Closed:

Excel-Closed.png

Excel Open:

Excel-Open.png

In Power BI, I didn't get the same result. With the April update, it got much better, but still need the option "Subtotals Only"

Tanks,

MarciaBaptista

Hi @MarciaBaptista ,

The Subtotals in a Matrix visual are a kind of TOTALS only, done at Row level or Column level:

subTotal.png

So, under conditional formatting, you get following options:

subTotal1.png

The TOTALS in the above window appky to both Totals and Sub-totals in your matrix.

But yes to completly answer your question, can you share some sample data and screenshots from Power BI on what is causing the issue.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Awesome! I was trying to figure out solution for a different probelm and this solved it.

Hi @Pragati11!

I configured the matrix as follows:

PBI-Config.png

The result of the matrix is like this.
Closed:

PBI-Close.png

Open:

PBI-Open.png

That is, when it is closed it does not consider as subtotal.

Tanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.