Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting - Slicers

Good morning everyone,

I'm having an issue regarding the conditional formatting of my table based on Slicers selection. 

Let's say I have 1 slicer with 3 differents options (X, Y or Z) and a table related to the option selected. Obvisously, my values upon the option selected but it seems I can't apply a conditional formatting into that table for the value specific to the option selected.

The conditional formatting do not care about the option selected and apply the rule for all the wide range of number does not matter if one option or the other is selected.. ? Hope this is clear

If anyone would have any idea to bypass the issue, that would be very thanksful !! 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

I found the solution to my problem.

Thanks for helping me trying to find the right way to make it work though.

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear that you have worked it out. Would you please kindly share your resolution so that others having similar concern can find the answer more easily.

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
luisenpons
Frequent Visitor

How is your conditional formatting expression defined? You need to make sure the context transition it is performed and the filter context is taken into account.

You have a detailed explanation in the following article:

https://insightsquest.com/2018/08/18/expression-based-conditional-formatting/ 

If you still have issues, give us more details about your conditional formatting.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link I'm still going over to understand the logic.
Basically my tool applyies for the aviation industry, I have a specific slicer with three options:
Takeoff - Climb - Cruise.
I also have a table in which I can see for example the Oil Pressure which the value depends on the phase of flight selected.
I would like to apply a conditional formatting based on a certain threshold that would be linked to the phase of flight applied.
I've tried to play with the rules in conditional formatting but it does not care about what option is selected and apply the rule for all the three options.. I obviously can't create a column specific for one parameter and one phase of flight because that would take me too long.
If anyone can give me a hand on that, it would be really helpful !!

Hi @Anonymous,

To make your requirement more clear, please illustrate your scenario with sample data and desired output.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.