Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PeeWhy
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Skipping Random Rows

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I have some conditional formatting rules setup to watch another column and obtain the background and text colors from that column.  I see on the resulting report that the conditional formatting is not being applied to random rows.  I have attached a sample of what I have setup.  The Job Status column bacground should all be the same color in this screenshot according to the Background Color column. Can someone advise me on how to resolve this?

EDIT:  I know it has something to do with the option to "Show all items with no data".  If i uncheck that option, all rows have the same color but the result does not show all jobs in my database.    I need it to apply to all rows, including rows with "no data".  As you can see from the screenshot, it SHOULD be applying to all rows but its not.

PowerBI_Formatting.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PeeWhy
Frequent Visitor

Ok i figured it out.  I had (2) columns with User Hours included on the visual.  Although I am not summing the Hours, it still caused issues since some of the values were Null.  I had to add (2) additional columns replacing the Null values with 0.  Once i did that, I removed the orignal Hours column with Null values and replaced it with the new one containing 0's into the visual.  That resolved my issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PeeWhy
Frequent Visitor

Ok i figured it out.  I had (2) columns with User Hours included on the visual.  Although I am not summing the Hours, it still caused issues since some of the values were Null.  I had to add (2) additional columns replacing the Null values with 0.  Once i did that, I removed the orignal Hours column with Null values and replaced it with the new one containing 0's into the visual.  That resolved my issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.