Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TrentS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Conditional Formatting Issue

Good day to all,

Facing an odd conditional formatting (CF) issue that we cannot resolve.

Sorry, no file sharing due to sensitive data. Working with Feb 2021 version of the desktop.

We have an older file initially created ~2.5 years ago. It contains a table showing the results of various DB tests. The DB writes to a Pass/Fail (P/F) column with a '1' for pass, '0' for fail. This P/F column is used in the CF rule. Pretty basic stuff. If a 1, then background = green, if 0 then background = red.

It works fine for all rows of the table EXCEPT 6 new tests we added. Remove/re-add the rule and recreating the entire table gives the same result. No CF on those new rows. We have verified that the column is set to Integer.

If the P/F column is added to the table itself, it shows the values as expected AND it applies the correct formatting!

If I create an entirely new file, make the direct query connection to the data, and recreate the table, it works just fine.

I have also compared the report settings in the options and matched the old file to the new. No change.

There are no visual nor page level filters applied.

I searched the update blogs but did not find any references to this specific issue.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

TrentS

2 REPLIES 2
TrentS
Advocate II
Advocate II

I did find a similar issue here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Formatting-issues/m-p/998616

However, we do not wish to add that extra column, even if we made it essentially invisible as @Greg_Deckler suggested. It also does not make sense as to why only the new rows would be affected and would need the additional column to work correctly.

Still looking for assistance here if anyone could provide insight.

Hi @TrentS ,

Unfortunately, it's hard to know your scenario just by words.

If you can reproduce your issue through virtual data and share this pbix, we may be able to help you find out the issue.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.