Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rleseberg
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Error with Shape Map

Hello community,

I am having an issue when I am using conditional formatting for the colors on a shape map. 

I am using a measure (Utilization %) to determine the state's color (map of U.S.). The "Utilization %" measure finds the customer transactions with a certain label, and divides it by the total number of transactions. The map colors are where the Utilization % fits into a category: Green (90% or greater), Yellow (70 - 90%), and Red (under 70%).

However, certain states' tooltip is showing 92%, but will display yellow. Or 88% and green. There are no filters being applied to the calculation, but using a dimension table to filter the states can cause some of them to change color. I think something weird is happening in the filter context.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, but I figured it out. I put the rules in as a decimal, not a percentage. For some reason PowerBI got messed up from it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

If you provide a sample pbix I'll have a look at it

Thanks, but I figured it out. I put the rules in as a decimal, not a percentage. For some reason PowerBI got messed up from it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors