Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chris_Evans
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Formatting Date in Card Visual

I have a card visual  that displays a date from a field in my data model. I would like to be able to use conditional formatting to change the color of either the background or the text if the date is beyond a certain threshold compared to today's date, ie color it red if greater than 30 days ago. I haven't been able to figure out if that is possible or not. I found the conditional formatting for the visual but was unable to successfully get it to work. Thanks for any help I can get.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Chris_Evans , You can create a color measure and use that in conditional formatting

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[Date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

Or

Color Date =

Var _max =maxx(Table,Table[date])

return

if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[Date],TODAY()) <_max ,"lightgreen","red")

Refer:https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Chris_Evans , You can create a color measure and use that in conditional formatting

Color Date = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[Date],TODAY()) <today(),"lightgreen","red")

Or

Color Date =

Var _max =maxx(Table,Table[date])

return

if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Date'[Date],TODAY()) <_max ,"lightgreen","red")

Refer:https://radacad.com/dax-and-conditional-formatting-better-together-find-the-biggest-and-smallest-num...

@amitchandak 

That worked perfectly. I just added -30 to the statement to get the results i needed. Thank you.

ColorDate = if(FIRSTNONBLANK(AgendaUpdates[last_update],TODAY()) <today() - 30,"red","black")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.