Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formating based on existing table value

Can we just compare every cell in a column of a matrix visual with specific cell of other visual. Thing that we can easily do with excel, but in PBI it seem we can only specify a value, or that value is aggregated of a column? 

mynameistom_0-1652351795933.png

Is that a solution that So we can only create other column to compare those two value (if smaller mark 1) then set rule for color?

Edited:

so I have map two table (group by team and group by staff) result in column team_actual_kpi, then compare use dax, now I want to highlight column [Name] with same condition from Actual KPI (that mean if Actual KPI is red then the name is red too) Plz give solution with dax. And do you have any solution without dax?

assk pbi.png

6 REPLIES 6
Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous ,

Matrix visual currently support Conditional Formatting only for Values not for Rows. 

Please mark it as solution if it answer your query. Kudos are also appreciated.

Cheers,
Shishir
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you both as number in Condition. One of them is percent. Check after 0 in the box

Also consider Color measure

example

Color sales = if(AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170,"green","red")

Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014) <=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

Learn Power BI Advance - PowerBI Abstract Thesis: How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqBb5eBf_I4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Conditional-formatting-the-Pie-Visual/ba-p/1682539

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please read my updated question.

Shishir22
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous ,

Can you please share data(after hiding sensitive information) and come up with expected result so that we can help you out properly.

Cheers,
Shishir
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, so I have map two table (group by team and group by staff) result in column team_actual_kpi, then compare use dax, now I want to highlight column Name with same condition from Actual KPI (that mean if Actual KPI is red then the name is red too) Plz give solution with dax. And do you have any solution without dax?

conditional formatconditional format

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shishir22  more advance, I want to set the red color base on scales, the more it bellow the number the more red. Say the solution if you could.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.