Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Format only ONE data marker line - CONTROL CHARTS

Hi There,

I'm trying to build a control chart where I want to add a red dot as a data marker to any value beyond the control limits (red dashed lines). I was able to do this by doing the conditional formatting on a bar chart and then changing it to a line chart. When I added more lines to the graph, such as the control limits and mean, the conditional formatting affected both those lines too. How can I add conditionally formatted data markers on only the black line?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q95n7bFwpvu9zcrt9

Thanks for your help in advance,

Peter

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries. Thanks for your quick responses!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure what else to tell, I tied. good luck with a custom visual. 😑

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can add a control line from the analytical pane, try that and see if doesn't show these conditional formatting. Again you have to test it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great suggestion! However, it still didn't work 😞 It now puts it above the red marker... which is slightly better than before, I guess.

pgeorges_0-1610039193502.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous just curious how you are under upper/middle/lower control lines? Did you created measures for it or using the Analytic pane from the line visual?

PS: I hardly use custom visuals, unfortunately don't know if there is one that already exists, you need to check by yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created measures for it.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I'm afraid there is any solution for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there at least any free power bi visuals to replicate a control chart? The ones I see seem to only have a paid subscription...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.