Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Format of background color on button not working on published report

I have a button on my report that I want to be transparent until a selection on the slicer is made. I set the button icon color to be white and set the background color of the button to a contional fromatted color where the color is set based on a field value. I created a measure to set that field value:

MakeButtonTransparent = IF(ISFILTERED(Sheet1[SlicerValues]), "#4363d8", "white")

This worked perfectly on the desktop workspace, but once I published it to the online service the conditional formatting isn't working in the same manner. The report loads fine and looks good upon opening it online. However, once a selection is made in the slicer it's as if the conditional formatting of the background color on the button is reversed. Anyone know if this is a bug or how to correct this issue?

Dekstop Version:

Desktop-NoFilter.JPG

Desktop-Filtered.JPG

Online Version:

first opening:

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.46.58 PM.png

Slicer selection made but button background stays white

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.47.13 PM.png

Cleared the slicers and now the background color of blue appears

Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 2.47.25 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai 

I tried it again with the latest PBI download and still had the issue. I've created a support ticket and have been working with the support team to get this figured out.

Thanks

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version 2.74.5619.862, and try it again.

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.