Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeve
Frequent Visitor

Conditional Format Matrix Values

Hi All,

Is it possible to conditionally format the attached matrix chart so that the individual 'box' will highlight green if the % complete column is 100% in the table "Skyline"?

power bi - conditional format 1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @jeve 

This is as close as you can get with the data you have as far as i can see.

result.PNG

As you can see i can colour a column based on its value but when you place that column into a matrix then this value is part of an aggregation. You will notice that the one row that has a completed and wk ending date is coloured but since all other columns who are missing a value for completed and wk ending date get bundled together and hence get colour too.

This is the missing pieces in your data.

dataissue.PNG

If you get those blanks filled in you can use thise approch to colour your fields.

I use the approach of using a field value within the conditional formatting and this value is generated via an if statement. 

newcolumn.PNG

hope this helps mate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aree
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @jeve 

You can conditional format any of the values column in a matrix table.

matrixCF.PNG

In my example i have 

ROWS = Customer

COLUMNS = Date

Values = Percentage

I use the conditional format Rule to set the background colour to be Red for any percentages >0.1 and <=0.11.

Hope that helps mate.

jeve
Frequent Visitor

Hi Aree,

The problem I've got is that I'm dealing with text, not numbers, that require formatting. 

Essentially I need the formatting to format the text depending on the corresponding % column in the Skyline table. My initial request was to highlight if the % column = 100%. Eventually I'll need to have different colour codes for different values in columns that will be added at a later date. For example, % column = 100% and "certificate issued" column (to be added later) contains a date (not blank).

Can conditional formatting lookup values in corresponding cells and format accordingly, per those values?

Hey @jeve 

This is as close as you can get with the data you have as far as i can see.

result.PNG

As you can see i can colour a column based on its value but when you place that column into a matrix then this value is part of an aggregation. You will notice that the one row that has a completed and wk ending date is coloured but since all other columns who are missing a value for completed and wk ending date get bundled together and hence get colour too.

This is the missing pieces in your data.

dataissue.PNG

If you get those blanks filled in you can use thise approch to colour your fields.

I use the approach of using a field value within the conditional formatting and this value is generated via an if statement. 

newcolumn.PNG

hope this helps mate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.