Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Conditional Column Case sensitive

Im creating flags using Text.

But it seems that its case sensitive "microsoft", "Microsoft"

Is there anyway I can get rid of that? I dont want to add 2 conditions when i only need one?

Debbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create your conditional column exactly as you have been doing, then go to the formula bar and edit it to be something like:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "MyConditionalCol", each if Text.Lower([MyColumn]) = "microsoftazure" then 1 else 0)

The key bit is wrapping Text.Lower() around the column name and making sure the comparitor is also lowercase.

image.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ive come up with a workaround

Create a duplicate column, change everything to lower case and use that. Then hide this column

Hi DebbieE,

Could you share some sample data and clarify more info about your expected result?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Yes, I have a twitter test field. If for example you had

1 MicrosoftAzure

2 microsoftazure

3 Microsoftazure

4 microsoftAzure

Currently it seems if you go to New Conditional Column. And Add a If Text Contains microsoftazure  Then 1 You will only get a flag set against 2

I dont want to set 4 conditions, which will potentially miss other mixes of capitals and none capitals. The only way around this I could think of is to Duplicate Text. Change to lower case and use this as the basis of the condition

Create your conditional column exactly as you have been doing, then go to the formula bar and edit it to be something like:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "MyConditionalCol", each if Text.Lower([MyColumn]) = "microsoftazure" then 1 else 0)

The key bit is wrapping Text.Lower() around the column name and making sure the comparitor is also lowercase.

image.png

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fantastic,

Thank you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.