Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rax99
Helper V
Helper V

Conditional Coloring on Donut Chart based on value

Is there a way to acheive this on a donut/pie chart based on a % value?

For example:

>80% = Green

Between 40% and 60% = Yellow

<40% = Red 

This feels like a basic requirement, but cannot seem to find this option anywhere. Is there something obvious im missing?

8 REPLIES 8
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rax99

You may try to add a column with IF condition. Then use 'Data colors' to show the color. For example:

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Cherie,

This does appears to be what I am looking for. Any chance you could upload a pbix file so I can take a deeper look. I have tried it with my report and doesnt appear to be working correctly. 

Thanks

Hi @rax99

Here is the file.

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Although this idea works, its not really working in my scenario. For example I have 2 measures in the values. One is the % value, and the other is the 'blank' value (eg. 1-%). See below;

donut.JPG

I think with your example, it fixes the area of the chart fill, so any value between 80-100% fills the same amount of the chart area with the associated colour. I need it colour and fill acuratley by the %. So 45% fills 45%, and 47 % fills 47% of the chart. Let me know if this need clarifying further.

Thanks

@rax99

It's better to show your sample file and expected output. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi, Cherie

see link: PBI File

Its just a simple table, and I need the colour of the donut chart to depend on the 'Average of Availability' value. So currently its 87.34% so this would be shown as green. However if this was <70% it should be Yellow, and if < 50% then Red.

Hope this helps.

Hi @rax99

It seems it's not supported on Donut Chart currently. You may vote or post your comment for this similar idea. How about using Conditional formatting in tables or using condition format on column chart. Here is the reference for you and hope it can help you.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi Cherie,

I will consider your suggestion. However, thank you for all your time and help on this topic. Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.