Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

Condition Formatting for BOLD Text

HI,

Is there any way to BOLD the data based on expression ?

Conditional Formatting section allows only to change the FONT color but not allowing to make the text BOLD for a particular column inside Table visualization

Regards

Nagaraj

7 REPLIES 7
swoodfo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have been using this site to make bold and stylized text in my DAX measures: Bold Text Generator (𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐲 & 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲) ― LingoJam. It uses the unicode symbol set so no HTML tags needed or extra visuals.  

TRK
Helper II
Helper II

@VasTg 

How would the measure be written to indicate a different Font type?  

I know how to do the measure for picking the colour for say a hex code, but how do you put the font type into DAX expression?

Tad17
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @nagaraj 

As far as I am aware this feature is not currently available. You may be able to do it using a measure or a theme, but I wouldn't be able to direct you in that pursuit.

You can vote for the idea here for Bold, Itallic, etc. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11602134-additional-font-formatti...

If this helps please kudo.

If this solves your problem please accept it as a solution.

This will help get the idea more votes.

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@nagaraj 

To add to @Tad17  comments, You could try to use different font family for the values.

Segoe (Bold)

Arial Black

image.png

If it helps, mark it as a solution

Kudos are nice too.

Connect on LinkedIn

@VasTg 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a scenario where on a particular condition satisfied, then i need to make that text as BOLD and should be GREEN color.

Using Conditional Formatting i can make the color by creating a NEW measure, but can't apply this logic to have BOLD text as the Conditional Formatting is not supported for BOLD

Regards

Nagaraj

Hey @nagaraj 

@VasTg  is saying that you can use the same measure to make the font something like ARIAL BLACK while using the font ARIAL for the rest of the data so that it appears bold. Its a nifty little work around. Pretty cool.

@Tad17 

I tried that option, but was unsuccessful. Not sure if I am not doing it in correct way.

Below is the column i have used to derive the color and this COLUMN is used in the COLOR_EXPRESSION for Conditional Formatting.

Font_ApprovalDate = IF( NOT (Tbl1[hStatus]) IN {7,8} && Tbl1[F_ApprovalDate] < Today() ,"Green","Black")

@VasTg  / @Tad17 

Can you please brief the steps to achive the same

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.